Thursday, January 19, 2012

Toong, Toong, Chang, Toong Chang!! Gong Xi Fa Cai

How time flies. It is Chinese New Year again!! Please allow us to wish all our Chinese classmates and friends a very prosperous year ahead. As usual, our best wishes for good health, good health, and good health (others not so important).Even though you may be tired of hearing this already.....allow me to repeat this....if you have to drive, be very careful and if you have to eat, be very careful also.....etc,etc.

As you know, this year is the year of the dragon....i.e. this is Yow Kam Loong's year. So if things do not turn out as expected for you, please consult to our Kam Loong (Mr Golden Dragon)....his contact no is 012-4556103.

For this CNY, me and Kat are going to Medan/ Lake Toba for our second honeymoon. Our first honeymoon to Lake Toba in 1974 ( 37 years ago) was a disaster. The cute Ms. Monica Leong (our English Literature teacher) was there also and in the same tour group with us....so she was with us for our whole honeymoon....kacau saja. During the stay there, she kept asking me how I could have passed the English Literature paper when I could only utter " the hankerchief, the hankerchief" and "blood,blood,blood".....this was in Othello or Macbeth? Really, I still do not know how I passed...divine guidance? I hope this time around, we won't see her there....otherwise, can pengsan. Keeping my fingers xxx. Please pray for me.

Come what may, we wish you all..."toong,toong,toong chang....toong,toong toong chang" (whatever it means).

Hope to catch up with you soon.

Meantime ,be good.

Salam,

Sek Yee and Ah Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment